Fancy LinkedIn Lingo:
I blend my academic skills of communications and digital engagement with nearly a decade of experience in both public and private sectors, fuelled by my passion to create communities – online and offline.
In other words, I’ve learned a few things from a few different schools and awesome jobs across the country on how to build and maintain communities – and, more importantly, how to make sure those communities are diverse, inclusive and equitable.
I am so incredibly fortunate to speak about diversity and inclusion in STEM regularly. Some of my speaking engagements include the following:
- Ontario Library Association’s 2020 Super Conference, Spotlight Speaker – Career Stream; January 2020
- True North 2019, Netizens Film Screening and Panel; June 2019
- Online Violence: Redefining Trolling; May 2019
- Fluxible: Poetry & Web Dev as Art; September 2018
- CUTC 2018: INSPIRE; May 2018
- Microsoft Inclusion Talks; July 2017
I am also lucky enough to speak about political and community-based activism regularly. Some of my speaking engagements include the following:
- #WomeninPolitics Panel with MPP Laura Mae Lindo; June 2019
- International Women Day: Activism in the Age of Fascism Panel; March 2019
- International Women Day: Emotional Labour Workshop; March 2019
- #ThePeopleUnited: Cyber Activism, Congress of the Arts and Humanities; May 2012
NOTABLE Community Engagement Projects
#TDLabLife – Social Strategy & Recruitment Strategy
I created a social media strategy for a TD department, outside of the channels run through Corporate Affairs and Public Affairs, inclusive of Twitter, Instagram and Medium, increasing Twitter followers by 50% within 6 months, and attracted 5000+ students from across the province to apply for co-op positions. 75% of 2000 potential hires referenced our social media presence during the hiring process.
#WeRally2021 — Social Strategy & Community Engagement
Within 3 months, I created and executed a social media and community engagement strategy that included over 10 million impressions and 1 million unique engagements. #WeRally2021 also trended Canada-wide on Twitter twice during the execution of this strategy.
#MandyMadness — Community Engagement
I designed a social media strategy and web platform for Kitchener’s Mandy Bujold to engage with fans back home and across the globe as she competed in Rio during the 2016 Summer Olympics, building a hashtag strategy that was used by CBC, Canadian Tire, CTV and leaders in sport.